Friday, April 24, 2009

Tote Bag Blues

Through Ye Olde Schoolhouse Quilt Store, I joined Team QFL, which is like a football team for quilters. We are a large group and get points for different projects, as well as discounts at other quilt stores. We have a little booklet that we can take to various quilt stores throughout Wisconsin and get stamped and receive additional points. It kind of reminds me of the Harley poker runs that my sister and nephew use to go on with their Harley groups.


Our team name is the Bobbin' Robins. We have team colors (brown and red), team logo (obviously the robin) and the Jeanie at the store has 4 "huddles" over the course of the next few months for our "team." I went to the huddle the other night and it was fun. We also get together and do road trips to various quilt shops around the state.





So, our first project was this tote bag. Now, I had NEVER done anything like this before and believe me when I say I cursed this bag out more than once. It was too much like sewing a garment. I really hated it at times. But, tonight I finished it.

I still want to add a strap from the back to the front in the center of the tote with a snap underneath to help keep it closed. And, I will probably add some decorative buttons, just to dress it up a bit.



I actually like it, despite the fact that I ripped out more than I sewed, had the bottom of the bag on the outside, almost put the straps on wrong, had to buy more material for the lining and was totally frustrated throughout the project.

Oh, well - live and learn.




Tomorrow afternoon I will try my luck at making a felt robin pin that I will wear into various quilt shops as my team logo. Should be interesting.


And, I am thinking of making additional totes.

Yeah, I'm crazy.

No comments: