Sunday, July 12, 2009

Meeting Meandering Mary (and more)


Saturday Meandering Mary (the name of her business) came down to Ye Olde Schoolhouse to meet some of the ladies she has been doing long arm quilting for. Mary lives in New London, WI. When Jeanie (owner of Ye Olde Schoolhouse) goes to her lake house in that area, she hauls quilts back and forth. It is great of Jeanie to transport all of the quilts. Terri and I decided to go out to meet her. I really wanted to meet and to thank Mary for the beautiful work she does.


Mary had one of my mystery quilts completed so Terri snapped a couple of pictures of us. The pictures also show some of the great class projects offered at the shop.






It was so nice to meet Mary. Her work is outstanding. I will post more pictures of this quilt when I get the binding on, but is it very pretty. She has oak leaves around the border. Mary was having a little drawing, too. Terri won a gift certificate for 25% off her next quilting job and I won 25% off of my next batting. Of course, Terri and I bought additional quilting supplies while at the shop.

Terri and I then went to Bay Shore for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Then we shopped. Nine West (we both got shoes), Coldwater Creek (Terri did damage there), J Jill (I got a top) and Talbots (we both purchased items, but I really did damage!). We had so much fun and everything was on sale. After Bay Shore we stopped at a jeweler where I had ordered a dog print charm for my charm bracelet. I dropped off the bracelet so the charm can be attached. Then we drove back to my house along the lakefront. Traffic was bad, but it was worth it as the lake was beautiful and there were tons of sailboats out which made it even prettier to view.

It was a fun, busy day. I even had time to get a pedicure and my nails done. Later I trimmed down the mystery quilt so I can machine sew the front of the binding on.

Out to walk my doggie girls now and work in the yard most of the day.

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, you had a busy day and what would be better than it would be fun stuff!! Wish I could have seen the Lake. Congrats on winning the batting coupon and thank you!! for sending the picture of Jeannie and quilt.

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a fun and interesting day.