Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tea Time Block of the Month Quilt


Click on picture for larger image

I joined a Block of the Month quilt group online though The Quilt Shoppe. I'm probably paying too much, but I wanted to try it and I thought it would be fun. The name of the quilt is Tea Time.





I got my first block while I was on vacation and just had to put it together immediately. It is the center medallion of the quilt. This quilt is built out so that by the last month the quilt is done - no sewing rows together or additional piecing necessary. I think this will be a fun method to learn.

When I opened the package I was disappointed in the colors. But the more I looked at them, the more I liked them. Of course, additional fabrics will be added and more colors that will highlight the other colors and fabrics, so I think when it is done it will be very soft, calming and pretty. The instructions are very easy to read and understand.



I'm looking forward to August!

No comments: