Monday, July 20, 2009

A Wonderful Day

I suppose you're wondering why I'm writing on my blog when I'm on a long awaited vacation with my boyfriend! Well, I'm an early raiser and he likes to sleep in. I am such a morning person!

We are staying outside of Greensboro, GA at Reynolds Plantation. Reynolds in a huge golf community on Lake Oconee and an area where we would like to retire to. We are in a very nice 2-bedroom condo. The best thing about the condo is, other than the view of one of the golf courses, it is has a huge bath tub! I love big tubs and both nights so far have taken lovely bubble baths.

Yesterday we had a full day to ourselves. We had a great brunch at the Great Waters club house and then drove into Greensboro. We thought we would spend a little time wandering in and out of some little stores. Well, it was Sunday in a little southern town and everything was shut up tight. Greenboro reminded me of Mayberry USA. Small, but pretty and I bet the people are very friendly.

So, we continued driving and ended up on Highway 15 heading north. Ha! Highway 15 goes almost no where. Seriously, miles and miles of forest and after that farm land. It was funny. We finally arrived in Watkinsville where in May my sister and I visited a great quilt store. By this time, though, I decided not to push him too much and with the help of the GPS arrived in Madison, GA. Madison is a charming old town that Sherman passed over during the burning of Georgia during the Civil War. However, most stores were closed, but we did stop for ice cream.

We arrived back at the condo and he was able to get a 3:20pm tee time on the National course. I decided to go with him and ride in the cart as I am still not a golfer. What a great time. There was only one group of 3 ahead of us and no one behind us.  He golfed pretty well and I totally enjoyed myself. I saw so many different birds including cranes, geese and blue birds. We saw several deer and lots of dragonflies and butterflies. At one point we saw a deer that was in 75 yards of us. Obviously, she is use to golfers as she took her time walking across the course.  He pointed out a huge turtle sitting in a pond (yeah - he is such a nature boy! NOT). I can't explain how much I enjoyed myself. The course is beautiful, it was so quiet and peaceful and I could just feel stress pouring out of me.

When I ride in the cart with him, I usually will putt from approximately the same place where his ball lands on the green. I did this again and it is fun. We had a lot of laughs.

We relaxed at the condo and had a dinner of crackers, chicken, cheese and fruit. It was great. It seems we haven't spend much quality time together lately. This is definitely making up for it!

I didn't realize how stressed I was until yesterday. It is so pretty here and so quiet. No boom boxes, no squealing cars - so different than living in "the hood." As I write this I am looking out the window onto o the golf course. Another deer is walking along the edge of the green.

Do I have to come home?

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Julie Ann, glad you are having a good time on your vacation!