Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I am here in Mesa, AZ - staying with my good friend, Nancy. It's been a great vacation. Well - except the trip to the Urgent Care Clinic on Sunday, due to my allergic reaction to her kitty! The weather is just beautiful and we have been all over the area. I have also seen my sister, Linda, and we will all spend today together. (More on this trip when I get home).

Last night Nancy and I watched Slum Dog Millionaire together. It is a great movie and I highly recommend it. At one point - watching the poverty of India - I looked over at Nancy and said, "Thank God we were born in the United States!"

I have so very many things to be grateful for and I will spare you the list as it is long! But today my thoughts will drift to all of the wonderful things in my life - past, present and future - and I will be filled with awe and gratitude.

I am a very blessed woman.

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Julie-Ann!

Earthbound Spirit said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and welcome back, dear friend. I loved Slum Dog Millionaire - and I loved listening to the novel it's based on even more! There's so much that didn't make it into the move - and much that was changed. I highly recommend it! The author is Vikas Swarup.