Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jeannie's Block of the Month

Right Hand of Friendship block on right, Army Star block on left
Dark blue print is feature fabric


I keep calling this BOM all different names, but I have decided to officially call it Jeannie's quilt. She is the owner of Ye Olde Schoolhouse where we meet once a month to get our patterns and feature fabric.

This month the pattern wasn't written in Greek, as in previous months! Well, Greek to me, that is. Slowly I am starting to figure out these patterns that come with little instruction. I still have difficultly with putting the squares together to make the larger block, but it is getting better. I finished these two blocks off on a Sunday morning.

We had fun when we met this month. It was a large group and everyone brought the blocks they completed. It was great to see the fabric choices each lady picked to go with the feature fabric Jeannie gives us each month to use in each of the two blocks. It was also a "show and tell." Some of the projects these women do are amazing. Maybe next month I will be brave enough to bring something in I have completed.

Eight blocks down, 16 more to go!

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun. I love to see variations of the same pattern.