Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home Again


Here is what I have to say about my vacation:


Wonderful. Fabulous. Relaxing. Fun.




I traveled to Mesa, AZ to visit my dear friend, Nancy. Nancy followed her dreams and moved to Mesa, AZ in April after a long and happy career as a teacher with the Milwaukee Public School system. She told me she misses teaching every single day. I think she does. She is a master teacher. She lives in a charming 2-bedroom apartment that includes a beautiful club house and pool.

Nancy was a great host. She loves to entertain and her passion is cooking. Thanksgiving dinner was awesome! She also likes to explore new places and restaurants. Ahhh - a woman after my own heart! I ate well on this vacation! (Marcie - we never made it to Tia Rosa, but will on my next trip).


Highlights include the a great lunch at the Olive Mill in Queen's Creek, meeting up with Pam (another teacher we knew when we all worked together at Eighth Street Middle School where I was the secretary) and her husband, daughter and grandson to watch the Packers on Sunday. A trip to Urgent Care to get meds so I could survive Nancy's cat, Lucy. Only my eyes are happy to be back in Wisconsin! Drives to ruins and up to the mountains. Singing to Peter, Paul and Mary at the top of our lungs. Watching TV in our jammies. Going to the date and nut store where Nancy negotiated a great deal on a bench for her porch (where I had a yummy date milk shake) and visiting on quilt store (had to do that).

Nancy & her great deal of a bench!

We also saw two musicals. The 25th Annual Putham County Spelling Bee was just a hoot. It was funny and included four people from the audience participating in the "bee." One had to spell Kinnickinnic. Well, being good Milwaukee girls we laughed so hard as we were probably the only people other than the actors who knew how to spell Kinnickinnic within 1,000 miles(Kinnickinnic Parkway, Kinnickinnic River, Kinnickinnic Avenue - you get the picture!). The other musical was Meet Me in St. Louis at a dinner theater. It was fun, too, and we all enjoyed it. I love the songs, but somehow the Judy Garland movie will always be the best.


I spent time with my sister, Linda. She moved to Mesa in October and lives in a very nice trailer park 10 minutes away from Nancy. She still is unpacking a little, but I can see where she will love living there. Her trailer is very nice and the park has a great community room with a nice large pool and hot tub. She is already involved in many activities.

More on this wonderful trip later. Today in Milwaukee it is overcast, in the low 50s and very, very damp. Where's the sun?

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, did you ever have a great time! And it must have been fun to go someplace so different from home.

Cindy said...

I was in Maricopa for two weeks the beginning of November. It sure was hard to come home. I got so used to warm air and sunshine.

MARCIE said...

It looks like your trip was perfect! And I hear the weather was lovely then. There some very nice trailer parks down there. I a sure your sister will love it. Good Mexican food in spite of missing Tia Rosa's? Right?