Wednesday, November 04, 2009

October Accomplishments


Well, I quilted my little heart out in October.


I added my "to do" list to the side bar of this blog. It was really fun to "check" things off as I completed them. I can't believe I got so much done considering one weekend I didn't quilt at all and I have a home to maintain. I did a lot of yard work, too.


I wish you could see the metallic thread I used on the stems of the fern.

Underground Railroad blocks 6 & 7.

Carpenter's Wheel on the left. Bear Claw on the right.

I'm posting of a couple of wall hangings I finishing binding in October - Jars Aplenty and the small fern piece. My witch wall hanging is shown in a previous post. I also finished my two Underground Railroad blocks, and am I am on a roll with making more this week.

This month I am gone for a week to Arizona to visit a good gal pal and my sister. Both recently moved out there and, unbeknown to each other, moved within a few miles of each other! Small world. So this trip will "kill to birds with on stone" so to speak. I will be staying with Nancy and she invited my sister Linda over for Thanksgiving dinner. This way we will both be with family. I think my sister is feeling the effects of moving so far way from her son, daughter-in-law and grand kids. Even though we are not that close, it will be good for her to be with people she knows and feels comfortable with.

I am so ready for this trip to Mesa. However, my quilting accomplishments will suffer. Oh, well. . . .

On the bright side, Nancy has already located quilt shops in the area!

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, a trip to AZ, that should be fun! You have been a busy bee making your To Do list on the right AND checking off some of them!