Monday, November 09, 2009

Help! Name this Quilt Pattern!


In September I bought this quilt at an antique store in Cedarburg, WI. It is all hand stitched and in perfect condition.

Can anyone help me name the pattern? Era? I don't think it is older than the 1930s and probably made a lot later. In fact, it almost looks new, but it's not.

When I first saw it I was taken back by the bright colors. But, once I opened it and saw the beautiful pattern, I was hooked. I find the circles and squares amazing. Now I need the name of the pattern and any other info I can find on it. Thanks for Mary Sue and Pam (hidden behind the quilt) for holding it up while I took the picture!

Also, I have several antique quilts I need repairs. Some I have purchased and two that were made by my mother and grandmother. Any recommendations on where I could take them?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Carol Butzke is going to be at Patched Works on the 21st to do quilt appraisals. More importantly, she's the "go to gal" for questions on repairs and preservation.

Rose Marie said...

Lovely quilt!

These are the names for this block:

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
Nashville
Wheel of Mystery
Winding Ways

It is quite common for one block to be known by different names.

Anyway, enjoy your lovely quilt.

Julie-Ann said...

From the answers I received we have decided it is the Wheel of Mystery pattern. thanks for all of your replies!