Sunday, November 01, 2009

A Whole Lotta Witches

My Halloween panel

Church ladies without me


Last night my "church lady" friends came over for our annual celebration of Halloween. It is a tradition we meet at my house for Halloween (Joanne's for Winter Solstice, Kristin's for Summer Solstice, Janet's for Lammas, etc.). We try to meet according to the Earth-based spiritual celebrations. While many of us consider our spiritual paths Earth-based, not all of us do. We have a wide variety of spiritual beliefs (Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Earth-based to name a few) and we respect each others individuality. Our gatherings are always meaningful and fun. Halloween is the one time we "dress up." What fun!


Church Ladies with me (and Gracie, Lucy Lou being camera shy)

We had a great surprise when Nikki showed up! Nikki, a founding member of the Church Ladies, moved back home to Chico, California about 2 years ago. Although we all communicate via our yahoo group, it's not the same as having her here with us. It was great to see her.

It was also a very special night was we had another surprise for one of our group, Lori. More about that on my next post.




Amy & me show off our great hats we bought together at Cracker Barrel.

We had a great potluck, we checked in with each other and we honored the holiday by talking about our experiences with loved one who have passed. Lori read 2 beautiful poems.


I will never be able to express how much these women mean to me. To quote a song, "They are the wind beneath my wings." I love them one and all.

3 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Woo Hoo! First comment! About the last paragraph - Right back atcha.

I can't express how much you all mean to me, either. Wind beneath my wings? This group has held me together through illness and seminary - through sorrow and joy - sharing tears and laughter and much, much love.

Life is good - especially with witchy women friends!

Kristin said...

It was a witchy good time. I was up late after our gathering, processing everyones lives-the ups and the downs. I hold you all close in my heart. Your simple ritual was just perfect-this is an important time of year when we can connect with those who have passed on but still remain close. Thanks..Krsitin

Sharon said...

I think this is my favorite gathering, each year, with the church ladies. What a fabulous surprise to have Nikki "fly in" from CA for our Halloween gathering! I am also always mindful of and grateful that Amy travels such a distance from IL, to be with us.

My heart is overflowing with affection and gratitude for all the beautiful, strong, supportive women in this group, near and far, past and present. My life would have been very very different, without each and every one of you!

Blessings and love,
Sharon