Monday, August 17, 2009

Going through Withdrawals

My house is a mess.

I have "Do It Right, Dave" over - handyman extraordinaire. The name of his business is Do it Right Home Improvements, but we prefer the first name. By "we" I mean many of my single women home owner friends who pass Dave back and forth when we need work done. And, I am having a ton of work done from fixing my front porch, replacing the ceiling in my office, basement work, bathroom work . . . it goes on and on. Dave does excellent work, is reasonable, efficient and will not rip you off. And, several times he told me how to save money and still get excellent results on a project. Thank goodness for Do It Right, Dave.

In the meantime, I have no access to my computer, sewing machine and cannot even figure out how to get to my projects as stuff is piled up everywhere (office completely emptied). I am quickly writing this post from work.

Luckily, I have several quilts to finish hand binding on, so I can still sew. But, I got 2 of the Underground Railroad blocks completed and I am hooked. It will just have to wait until next week.

Patience is not a virtue I have!

2 comments:

Tamara, Transformed By the Sea said...

Hi Julie Ann... How nice to meet you! And how nice to know mine aren't the ONLY spoiled (adored!) dogs out there. Well, having once seen on the news that Jessica Simpson paid some thousands of $ for a chef-prepared meal for hers, I guess I knew that. But that's not REALLY how you spoil a dog... it's just ridiculous. Imagine how many people... or shelter dogs for that matter... that would've fed! I wanted to thank you for being my first blog follower! I nearly hit the ceiling, I was so excited to see that. I LOVE the poetry on your blog too. I can tell this blog thing could reach obsession-status in no time at all!

Julie-Ann said...

Tamara - nice to meet you, too. Both my dogs are rescue dogs and just wonderful. I adore them, too.

Yes, blogging is fun and you will "meet" wonderful people. I started quilting a year ago and it opened a new world to me not only with quilting itself and meeting great women through quilt stores, but from blogging, too.

I try to write about a variety of things, not just quilting. I try to stay away from politics, but they have slipped in. I am a very open minded, liberal person and I don't want to offend people via my blog so I try to stay neutral. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe not. However, this is so much wonderful stuff to write about!

Welcome aboard!