Sunday, August 30, 2009

Underground Railroad Part 2

I got the first three blocks of the Underground Railroad completed.

It's fun as I don't feel any pressure to work on it so I can put it away for weeks at a time if I want. (But I won't!)

The first block to the left is Jacob's Ladder and the one next to it is Monkey's Wrench. In Eleanor Burn's book she calls Jacob's Ladder the Underground Railroad block. The Monkey's Wrench sure looks like a double Church Dash to me!


I was very nervous to attempt the Wagon Wheel. However, the instructions were very easy to follow and while it is not a perfect circle, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.



Only 12 more blocks to go!









3 comments:

Jen said...

Your blocks are looking great!!

Debbie said...

I would have never guessed you are new to quilting, beautiful blocks!

Julie-Ann said...

Thanks, Debbie. Welcome to my blog land.

These blocks do look pretty good; however, don't look too close at some of the others!